Who doesn’t want to wake up with clean and glowing skin? But a lot of time and effort goes behind making that magic happen. A lot of people don’t realize that facial cleansers, body washes, and soaps need to be formulated with zero-inflammation ingredients if you have eczema-prone skin. But first, let us quickly understand what eczema is. Unusual breakouts, red patches, itchiness, cracks, and inflammation are some of the signs of eczema. Yep, a common condition, but not something to be overlooked. The good news is that there are brands in the markets that are dermatologist-tested and deemed fit for eczema-prone skin.
Hence, making the task to find these products easier for you, we’ve collated 13 best body washes and soaps of 2020 for eczema. These could help relieve sensitive skin from itchiness and inflammation. Read on and pick yours from the list below.
1. CeraVe Eczema Body Wash
One of the reigning brands in the market, CeraVe Eczema Body Wash, is a wonder product for those looking for a body wash for eczema-prone skin. It reduces skin irritation as it is formulated using three essential ceramides. It hydrates the skin and restores the natural skin barrier. What’s more? Omega oils in this body wash soothe inflammation, thus leaving your skin soft and supple. As we mentioned, it’s an ultra-gentle product for dry skin!
- Free from parabens and sulfates.
- Three essential ceramides restore natural skin barrier.
- Ultra-gentle on skin.
- The brand doesn’t have any minuses, but if you like scented body wash then CeraVe is fragrance-free.
2. SheaMoisture African Black Soap
Nothing heals you like nature! SheaMoisture African Black Soap is richly-laden with natural ingredients that work together to calm, cleanse, and heal skin naturally. Though the concept of body soap is gradually phasing out, SheaMoisture African Black Soap therapeutically cures, repairs, and hydrates skin suffering from eczema and psoriasis. The softness of shea butter acts as a natural balm, while aloe vera, lemon, and gota kola fight acne and keep bacteria at bay. This soap also acts as a natural scrub and exfoliates your skin without disturbing the natural oils. So, if you’re all for organic products, then give this exotic cleanser a try!
- Therapeutic and anti-bacterial.
- Organic cleanser.
- Tea Tree Oil is not suitable for all skin types. So a patch test is recommended before using it.
- It has a slightly abrasive texture, so if your skin is extremely sensitive, we’d advise a one-wash test.
3. Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash
That moment when you can feel your skin breathe is truly priceless. However, to have this happen, it should be free of dirt and impurities. Aveeno Skin Relief Body Wash has a gentle cleansing formula that cleanses, soothes, and nourishes the skin. This brand has been around for 65 years and speaks volumes of its quality. An absolute must for dry and dehydrated skin as it locks in moisture for 24 hours. Made with the goodness of nature and science, it brings the best of both worlds to provide relief and natural nourishment to the skin.
- Fragrance and dye-free.
- Has a rich, creamy lather but is soap-free.
- Gentle on sensitive skin.
4. Puracy Citrus & Sea Salt Natural Body Wash
The world is going organic, so why shouldn’t your body shampoo, right? Puracy Natural Body Wash’s ultra-gentle formula and plant-based ingredients make it so skin-friendly that it is recommended for babies as well. Powered by everything natural, this shampoo for eczema screams vegan all over. We recommend you switch to this body wash for eczema for the super silky and smooth results after every use. Plus, the citrusy and sea salt elements add a pleasant fragrance that elevates the whole experience of bathing.
- Vegan body wash.
- Cleanses, hydrates, and moisturizes.
- Is pH-balanced and free from sulfates and parabens.
- Gluten-free, cruelty-free, and hypoallergenic.
- There are no cons for this product.
5. Cetaphil PRO Dry Skin Soothing Body Wash
Do you know your skin well enough to make sure you’ve picked the right body wash? People tend to be extra cautious when it comes to selecting products for the face but neglect the rest of the body. Cetaphil dry skin body wash is a soap-free cleanser that removes impurities without disturbing the moisture or the natural skin barrier. It has a unique filaggrin complex that nourishes and restores the skin’s moisture leaving the skin smooth, silky, and hydrated.
- Gentle on sensitive skin.
- Moisturizes dry skin.
- Suitable for kids and toddlers.
- The product contains sulfates.
6. True Earth Essentials Natural Bath Soap
Imagine the freshness and therapeutic experience of aromatic essential oils in one soap! The cooling effect of lavender oil, the protective elements of coconut oil, and antiseptic qualities of rosemary oil all in a magical mix that soothes, repairs, and nourishes the skin. Our skin has a sensitive layer and True Earth Essentials Natural Bath Soap helps strengthen this layer with its organic ingredients. Let eczema not kill your confidence. Refresh your body with this aromatic yet cleansing soap.
- Plant-based, biodegradable, and free from paraben.
- Contains 100% sustainable palm oil.
- The product is aromatic and has a mild to strong fragrance.
7. Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash
Are you concealing your skin more than you’d like because of eczema patches? Flaunt that skin and let it breathe as Eucerin Skin Calming Body Wash has soothing ingredients that calm your skin. This body wash is mild and retains skin’s essential moisture as it is composed of Omega oils. The ultimate skin-healer, Eucerin’s uncompromising commitment to quality for over 100 years has made it a favorite amongst dermatologists all over! So if you are looking for a dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, and soap-free product, this one fits the bill!
- Soap, dye, and fragrance-free.
- Contains natural and omega oils to soothe and moisturize.
- This product contains sulfates.
- It has a mild lather and may not foam as much as other body shampoos.
8. Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Hypo-Allergenic Beauty Bar
Dove Beauty Bar is a daily body soap that truly cares about you. It is mild on skin and gives the soft and happy glow you need. Formulated with moisturizing ingredients, it is hypoallergenic, and its creamy lather feels soft against the skin that is suitable for eczema-prone skin. So if dryness and cracks on your skin are bothering you, this soap maintains the natural moisture level of your skin, thus giving you the radiant glow you desire to wake up with.
- Hypoallergenic and soap-free.
The product may not work on acne-prone, oily, or irritable skin.
It is not organic-based.
9. FineVine Anti-Fungal Tea Tree Body And Foot Wash
Bad body odor is a complete turn off we agree, but how are you planning to get rid of it? Whether you are suffering from body odor, eczema, athlete’s foot, jock itch, bacterial or nail fungus, or ringworm, this body wash is the best option. Its active, zero-trigger ingredients make it a magical formula for all your skin-related problems. By eliminating bacterial accumulation from the skin, tea tree and organic olive oil leave it silky smooth and soft. Last but not least, aloe vera moisturizes and repairs dead skin. Smell, feel, and look good with this 100% natural body wash.
- Provides relief from multiple skin-related issues.
- 100% organic.
- No parabens, chemical, synthetic detergents, or preservatives used.
- Tea tree oil may not be suitable for all skin types. We’d recommend you to conduct a patch test.
10. Eucerin Advanced Cleansing Body & Face Cleanser
Blocked pores and acne breakouts getting on your nerves? Eucerin Advanced Cleanser has a 2-in-1 solution for you! Mild on your body, this product is milder on your face owing to its pH-balanced formula! It is non-foaming and locks in the moisture making your skin look healthy and clean. What’s more, it’s non-comedogenic! Say goodbye to those adamant blocked pores forever. Formulated for normal to dry and sensitive skin, if your skin is eczema-prone or itchy, Eucerin Advanced is what you need!
- Non-comedogenic and fragrance-free.
- Can be used on the face and body.
- Recommended by dermatologists.
- Not recommended for oily skin.
11. Sky Organics African Black Soap
Here’s the secret to having flawless and young-looking skin. Made of unrefined shea butter, virgin coconut oil, vitamin E, and other moisturizing agents, the African Black Soap imparts an enviable glow! This multi-purpose soap is gentle, vegan-friendly, and laden with antiseptic agents that cure and care for your skin. Our skin tends to lose its shine due to lack of minerals, but this soap locks all those natural oils in. So take the exotic route and give your skin the wonderful African glow!
- Ethically sourced from farmers in Ghana.
- Richly laden with natural products and minerals.
- Vegan-friendly and hypoallergenic.
- No sulfates and fragrance-free.
- The color of the gel may be unappealing.
12. Cetaphil Restoraderm Pro Gentle Body Wash
Eczema is a condition, which if not taken seriously, can worsen with time. Sensitive skin needs extra care and one needs to be highly cautious before using products on eczema or psoriasis-prone skin. Cetaphil is one brand that doesn’t fail to deliver what it promises. Cleanse, restore, repeat! Its extremely mild formula is creamier than ordinary foaming soaps. Clinically tested, give your skin the gentle therapy it needs before it’s too late with the Cetaphil Restoraderm Pro.
- Clinically tested.
- Paraben and fragrance-free.
- Suitable only for dry skin.
- Its non-soapy formula may not satisfy those used to foaming cleansers.
13. Tree To Tub Soapberry For Body
What is wild but gentle at the same time? Yes, it’s Soapberry! The organic elements dial down the inflammation and itchiness to a great extent. Increasingly becoming a favorite amongst Millennials, this body wash eliminates dirt and moisturizes the skin. Ethically sourced ingredients ensure a gentle healing process for your skin. Dermatologist-tested and sustainably harvested in the eco-reserves of Taiwan, it works wonders on eczema or psoriasis-prone skin.
- It’s vegan, paraben-free and cruelty-free
- Has a pH-balanced formula.
- Suitable for all skin types.
- May cause your skin to become dry.
How To Choose A Body Wash That Is Suitable For Eczema?
We have answers for you! Read along.
- Surfactants are a complete no-no –
If your skin’s protective barrier has one crucial enemy, it is surfactants. Although it is an essential cleansing element, it is incredibly harmful to skin and one of the leading causes of dryness, irritation, and inflammation.
- Harsh cleansers are to be kept at bay –
Harsh chemicals like sulfates and paraben cause the softness of your skin to reduce with every use. Sadly, they are found in most face cleansers, body washes, and soaps today. They not only damage the skin’s protective barrier but also drain out the proteins and the natural oils.
- pH balanced formulas are ideal –
Maintaining the correct pH balance of the skin is equally important. It should neither be too acidic nor alkaline. Including alkaline products in your skincare regime may damage your skin. Hence, maintaining the right pH balance is crucial.
- Look for non-soap cleansers –
Though non-soap cleansers are recommended for extremely dry or sensitive skin, body washes with non-itchy surfactant elements can be used on eczema-prone skin.
- NEA’s Seal of Acceptance is a must –
Keep an eye out for the National Eczema Association’s Seal Of Acceptance on the product before buying. The seal proves it has been tested for eczema-prone skin and is safe
There you have it! In this post, we shared with you a list of 13 best body washes for eczema-prone skin. We hope that you found it informative and helpful in your quest for skin-friendly products. Why let the stress of bad skin make things worse when you can use a good product and get back the natural glow? So wait no more, find your ideal cleanser and make your skin #nofilter ready this 2020!
Do you have any queries or suggestions? Do reach out to us in the comments below
Expert’s Answers For Readers’ Questions
Is ivory soap good for eczema?
If your condition is extreme, we’d recommend you skip ivory soap as it contains sulfates that cause dryness and redness. Also, the pH value of most ivory bars is 9.5, which is not recommended for eczema-prone skin.
Which natural soap is suitable for eczema?
Organic or plant-based soaps that are free from harsh chemicals like sulfates, paraben, etc., and non-surfactant, non-comedogenic, with NEA’s Seal of Acceptance, are suitable for eczema and psoriasis-prone skin. Read the label carefully before choosing the product.
The post 13 Best Body Washes And Soaps For Eczema appeared first on STYLECRAZE.