Coachella is just around the corner, which means it’s time to rock fun, sparkly hairstyles. As always, the more glitter, the better. But if you’re stuck on ideas, we’ve got you covered. In her latest video, Beauty Smartie Maria Gomez walks you through a DIY holographic hairstyle, totally worthy of a cute Insta pic. Make sure to watch the video and follow the directions, below, to recreate the look.
1. BRAID YOUR HAIR INTO TWO HALF-UP, HALF-DOWN BUNS.
For this step, you’ll need: a comb,, and .
1. First, comb out any knots in your hair and part your hair down the middle.
2. Section off the top half of your hair.
3. Secure the bottom half with a hair tie (for now).
4. Braid your hair on each side.
5. Once you’ve reached the back of your head, secure each braid with a hair tie.
6. Then, use the loose hair to form two small, messy buns. You can fluff them out a little by lightly tugging at the hair.
2. ADD SOME COLOR TO YOUR HAIR.
For this step, you’ll need: hair chalk, holographic hair foam, a curling wand, and hairspray.
2. Once the hairspray has dried, run the chalk through the strand. (Warning! This could get messy.)
3. Repeat the process as many times as you’d like.
4. Next, squeeze some holographic hair foam into your hands.
5. Press the foam into the top half of your hair.
6. You can also run some of the product through the ends of your hair.
7. Use your curling wand to create some loose curls.
8. Apply hairspray throughout.
3. MAKE THE GLITTER GLUE OF YOUR DREAMS.
For this step, you’ll need: loose glitter, hair gel, a small bowl for mixing, and a flat foundation brush.
1. Pour the loose glitter into the small mixing bowl.
2. Add hair gel to the mix and then blend the ingredients with your foundation brush.
3. Apply the mix to your roots. (Put in as little or as much as you want.)
4. ADD SOME DIY HOLOGRAPHIC HAIR.
For this step, you’ll need: holographic ribbon, scissors, a marker or pen, a hot glue gun, and extension clips.
1. Take your holographic ribbon and measure out a piece that is roughly the length of your hair.
2. Mark that point with a black marker.
3. Loop the ribbon streamer at that length a couple of times. Then, snip the ends.
4. To make the streamers more hair-like, cut them down the middle with some scissors.
5. Hot glue the strands one by one to the outside of your extension clip. Repeat this step until the entire edge of the clip is covered.
6. For extra security, add an additional layer of hot glue.
7. Clip your strands into any area you’d like.