Curly Ponytail Ideas That You Should Try
Ponytails are one of the most easy to achieve hairstyles. You can get versatile looks under just this one style!
Moreover, curly hair looks great with ponytails as it gives the much needed bounce. This is the go to look of all haircuts for curly hair. So let’s look into some cute and easy ponytails for curly hair.
What you will need:
- a rubber or elastic band
- hair spray or gel to keep fly-a-ways at bay
- water to keep your hair damp and manageable while you style them
- a hairbrush
- flat iron and curling iron (for some styles)
A Low Curly Ponytail
- To get this look, take a straightening iron/ flat iron and straighten the front section of your hair, brush and place it at the back of your head.
- Hold the hair in the place you want your low ponytail to be and hand brush the rest of the hair (below where you are holding) and tie it with a tight elastic band.
- For those with wavy or straight hair, part the hair into 4/5 sections (depending on the volume of your hair).
- Use a medium barrel curling iron to create some curls into each section.
- In the end,use a hair gel or spray to keep the hairstyle intact throughout the day.
Messy Curly Ponytai
- For this look, just brush your hair lightly to get rid of any tangles, holding the hair in one hand take the elastic secure the hair using it.
- Keep the ponytail slightly high one and use a curler to make some curls in the back parts of the hair and some waves into the first section of hair (for people who do not have natural curly hair).
A High Curly Ponytail
- Straighten the first section of your hair and then tease it. Brush out the rest of the hair.
- Use an elastic band to make a ponytail that sits over the head, ensuring that the back section of the hair (the ponytail) does not weight down the front section of the hair.
- Apply some gel to keep the fly-a-ways at bay, letting you manage your long tresses.
- Girls with straight hair can tease the front section of hair and secure it.
- Use a curling iron (of different barrel sizes) to create some big loose bouncy curls.
- Apply hair spray to keep the hairstyle intact for long hours.
- To enhance the look, use accessories like some stone studded clips or hairpins.
Curly Ponytail Hairstyle
Girl with curly hair do not need a straightener.
- Brush your hair and hold it tightly along the back of the head.
- Make itat a middle height and secure it with tight elastic.
- Take a small section of the hair and wrap it over the elastic, to hide it from being seen.
- As for the end of the strand, tuck it below the ponytail and use a bobby pin to secure it.
- Finish it with a hair spray to get a clean look and long lasting look.
Side Curly Ponytail Idea
- For the above curly side ponytail look, take a flat iron and straighten the front section of hair.
- If you have straight hair, start by parting your hair and hold all of your hair at the side,where you want your ponytail.
- Secure it using an elastic band and curl the hair in sections.
- Curl them in two different sizes to create more shapes and volume.
- Keep the front section loose and let it hang loosely on the face.
So these were 5 curly ponytail ideas for you to try.