40 BEST WEDDING HAIRSTYLES FOR LONG HAIR
There is a lot to be said about choosing the appropriate hairstyle for your big day. Even more, if you are one of those brides who has been growing her hair out for the occasion. For this, you are going to want to browse through an array of wedding hairstyles for long hair. There are so many beautiful ways of styling long and abundant locks, to mention but a few.
Very Classy Wedding Chignons
The classy chignon that pulls the hair away from the face towards the nape of the neck is a beautiful wedding hairstyle. This style classic can be done in a number of ways and inspires many hair ideas for weddings. It is almost impossible to style a chignon wrong. All in all, this timeless hairstyle is elegant, sophisticated, and can be pulled off to any occasion.
You should also consider your dress as well as you reception location when deciding on the hairstyle. Wedding updos for long hair are good for outdoor receptions as they will minimize hair maintenance throughout the wedding day. Side braids hairstyle would look particularly stunning with an one shoulder wedding dress.
Loosen up you chignon by going for a bun with side-swept bangs for a totally romantic ‘do. The side-swept bun is even prettier when it’s paired with an oversized flower. If you want to transform your chignon from something very formal and into a boho-chic updo, create a braided headband across the hairline get your bridesmaids to style their hair in a similar way.
Expert tips for a stylish bridal chignon:
- One way to style a chignon is to include a flower or two just at the point where the hair is pulled back. It adds a delicate look to an already flawless style.
- Another style which can look great with a chignon is a headband or a tiara. A sparkling piece nestled comfortably on top of the head to complete a fabulous look.
- A bride who already has bangs can choose to pin them into the chignon or let them fall. There are no hard and fast rules here, and adding wispy bangs to your chignon can be cute and unexpected.
On Trend Waterfall Braids For Long Hair
Cute and trendy waterfall braids are one of many great wedding hairstyles for long hair. However, there are numerous ways of styling this particular braid, each equally fabulous. Any bride growing out her hair or using hair extensions should be happy with this style. In addition, waterfall braids look dreamy and even ethereal on long hair. Also, this is a truly magical style and would be fit for any celebration of love.
- Expert tips for a perfect waterfall braided hairstyle:
- Some brides choose a waterfall twist over a braid. A twist is a little more simple than a braid and gives the hair a wispy look.
- You can also choose to add curls to your waterfall braids so the hair doesn’t fall straight. Adding curls to your waterfall braids gives the hair an added bounce and shine.
- You can also choose to cascade your waterfall braids so they fall into the hair, instead of the classic waterfall.
Timeless & Popular Half Up Half Down Wedding Hairstyles
In general, there are quite a lot of wedding updos for long hair contributing to great hairstyles. However, you might want to show that length off with beautiful half up half down styles. And by dividing hair into up and down opens doors to numerous style options. There is a variety of ways to style long hair this way; absolutely gorgeously.
Expert tips for a perfect half up half down hairstyle:
- There is an abundance tips for growing beautiful wedding day hair. Also, with the right amount of lusciousness, you can create a twisted crown from your hair. This will give you your own hair halo for your half up hairstyle.
- Half up braids are also a pretty way to style half up half down for a wedding. The braids will also make a perfect anchor for your bridal veil.
- Tiny braids for the updo while the rest of the hair cascades down, is another lovely half up half down style. Add a tiny tiara to the look, and you have a perfect picture.Trendy Fishtails & Braids Hairstyles
Trendy Fishtails & Braids Hairstyles
Fishtail braids is the new “it” bridal braid hairstyle. The braids are beautifully intricate and styled while looking natural and never, ever overdone. A fishtail or a simple side braid can also be adorned with floral crowns or a headpiece.
Expert tips for a perfect bridal braids:
- A bride might choose a regular fishtail braid or that simple one long braid down her back. This is simple and understandable. You might want something predictable for such a special occasion.
- For brides that want to show off their back in a backless number, they might choose a side sweep. For this, a side braid or fishtail would be appropriate.
- A topsy-turvy ponytail before the braid or fishtail is another creative and lovely way to go. This interesting hairstyle would be complete on its own without a hairpiece or tiara.
Totally Obsessed With Flower Crowns
We are simply obsessed with flower crowns. If you want to wear flowers in your hair then why not pair them with a beautiful bridal braid. Both the floral crown and the braid can as dainty or elaborate as you like. This combination is perfect for a whimsical wedding and is lots of fun to match with your bridesmaids.
- If you are going with flower crowns, keep your hairstyle simple. Flowers already add the color of their own to an already bright day.
- Remember your bouquet. You do not want the colors in your flower crown to clash with those of your bouquet. So remember to match.
- The flower crown is a beautiful accessory for the carefree bride. Whether you’re making an updo or leaving your hair down, choose the most comfortable angle to perch your crown. You want it to be beautiful, but you also want it to last all day long.
Soft Waves & Beautiful Curls Bridal Hairstyles
Be creative, and combine a few different hairstyles for a look that is definitely you. Braids for example, pair very well with soft curls for a more relaxed look that is perfect for a rustic or boho themed wedding.
If you don’t have the hair length for one of these hairstyles, it doesn’t mean its all lost. Using hair extensions is hugely popular among brides to create the dream look you desire. If you just need a little more length read out tips for growing beautiful wedding day hair.
- Loose and textured waves will give a bride an elegant and sophisticated look on her big day. This can be accessorized with a barrette or jewelry for the finish.
- Tousled and teased curls can give you an ethereal look. This effortless looking style is comfortable and great for hair with length and volume.
- Curly wedding hairdos for long hair look great with a tiny tiara or sparkling hairpiece tucked to the side or middle. Something solid to contrast the falling curls.